SF_PBCS, SF State's financial planning and analysis tool, supports our efforts to align resources to strategy. Navigate the links to the SF_PBCS pages below to become familiar with the various features of the budgeting system at SF State.
SF_PBCS User Guide
New year, new look! …but same functionality
As of December 2021, the SF_PBCS budget system has a new look.
When you click on an icon, the tabs for that icon will appear on the bottom of your screen.
Special Note Regarding Data Snapshots
During the budget cycle, on specified deadlines, the Budget office will take snapshots of the data in SF_PBCS. We will always notify the cabinet budget officers of when we will be taking the snapshots. The snapshots allow for us to capture the data at a specific day/time. Any changes made after the snapshot is taken will not be included in that specific snapshot. You can view the snapshots by changing the Scenario dimension in SF_PBCS.
For example, a snapshot was taken on Friday 5/22/2020 at 1PM. The scenario is named: Bud_FY20_05292020.
The Scenario dimension can be changed on either the the P/L Budget Division Report or the P/L Budget Division Report.
See Instructions below
- Go to SF_PBCS User Login page.
- Log in to either the Production or Test environment.
- Tap Budget.
- Tap Budget Reports.
- Tap either the P/L Budget Report or the P/L Budget Division Report tab.
- Change the Scenario by tapping the name of the current choice under the Scenario tab.
- In the Select a Member window, tap Bud_Scenario from the Scenarios list.
- Choose a snapshot from the list of Budget Scenario snapshots.
- Tap OK.
To view PDF files, please download Adobe Reader.